Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Rolling home on the summer stolstice


The falling water on the locks intrigued me, so I went up a lock towards the Chateau from where I cross the canal. I took a few pics and then these kids on bikes began rolling down the hill. The guy in the blue shirt was the beginning of a stream of bikes that must've been +100 bikes long and took quite a few minutes to clear my position. My short picture taking detour had put me at the end of a long line of noisy, wobbly kids on wheels. But it was (thankfully) short lived as they pulled over on a grassy bit below the National Library for an Ottawa River history lesson and it allowed several of us to pass. Whew. (btw, Canada was one of the first countries to combine its National Library with it's National Archives.)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: