Monday, August 09, 2010

Morning commute - peaceful, easy feeling


I'm back from a couple weeks of holidays and am feeling very relaxed. I got in a 750 km bike ride/camping trip, riding from Ottawa to Niagara-on-the-Lake via New York State. Part of it was along the Erie Canal towpath. Jule met me with a rental car in NOTL and we spent three days exploring, by bike and car, and tasting the region's foods and wines. We stayed in a lovely B&B in the wee village of Virgil, about 4 km (15 minute bike ride) from NOTL. There were four winneries between the town and the B&B! You can't swing a cat without hitting a winery in NOTL.

The Atlantis performed wonderfully, transporting me and my gear without incident. It rides beautifully when loaded. I'm in the process of writing up a trip report which I'll post at crazyguyonabike.com.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

JuliaR said...

Wow, it looks still dark! The days are getting shorter - oh noes!

Peter Reichert said...

Yeah, it's getting there. It was bit foggy on the far shore and into the Gatineaus, so it's a bit deceiving. It was dark getting up, though ... :7