Sunday, June 08, 2008

The photo sort is over

Except for some HDRs I'm still working on, all the Provence and Paris pics are up here on flickr. I didn't do much correcting of individual shots and so they have a real, "snap-shotty" feel to them, complete with non vertical verticals. I remember reading a headline in a photo mag several decades ago called, "The Snapshot as Art". Or something like that. I think it created a generation of sloppy photographers, each thinking that poorly composed grab shots could make it in the real world. Interestingly enough, I noticed a lot of the photography in advertising after that looked poorly made.

It might have just been a phase, though, aggravated with the advent of photo-manipulation software.

I'm still evaluating what I did on this trip. There's some stuff that pleases me and some that makes me shake my head. I was looking for pictures to take but I really didn't have a focus (pun intended!) on what I was looking for. I ended up shooting everything, like a guy with a new rifle on his first safari and scared of everything that moves, firing bullets right and left.

It was a good learning lesson, though, for the next trip.

Here's a shot of the Tour Eiffel ...

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: